Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Happy Ending

Love? I thought i was a good thing, but so far it has caused me nothing but pain.

I had a friend. Actually, it's an understatement to call him a friend because he's more than just a friend to me. he is my best friend in the whole wide world. His name is MJ. He's no Michael Jordan. Michael Jackson? No, not even. He is just plain MJ. It was not even clear to me what those letters stand for. They're just letters anyway. All I care about is how I enjoyed his company.

He's more of the silent type. Hmm, not that silent. Maybe, i was just way too talkative. I do all the talking and clowning around and he does all the listening and laughing. I was like that to everybody, but i became 'too' aware of him because I have given a different meaning to his stares and his actions toward me. I've become conscious of his presence.

"I went home early because i'd gotten a headache. Funny how my head aches at my left chest."

I could always catch him staring at me, and when I would look to meet his stares, he'd pretend to look somewhere else. He would always tease me until I'd get mad with him, though I had to admit that I've never really gotten mad with him. I was just playing pretend. I had to, so he'd make-up with me, because the making up part is oh-so-sweet.

Everbody enjoys our arguments. Everybody loves to see us making-up. Everybody was expecting us to be 'us'  I was beginning to expect myself. But it never happened. Never did.

One day, a friend told me he was courting somebody else. You know how it feels to be hit by lightning? t happened to me at that instant. I got numb but I could feel my heart crushed into a million pieces. He was never mine but i felt I've lost a very big part of me. My heart.

I went home early because i'd gotten a headache. Funny how my head aches at my left chest. I haven't even noticed the big truck as I crossed the street. I walked all the way home; and home was like 10 kilometers away.

It was already dark when I arrived. MJ was there, his eyes swollen. Is he crying? Why would he? And what was he doing here? I hid behind the door. He's holding a picture. Is that my picture?

"I love you.. so much." He sobs as he kisses my picture.

I'm confused. He loves me? Funny how I could get this excited but I could not feel the beating of my heart. I ran to him so I could tell him how much I love him so. I was way too overwhelmed I've forgotten I was hiding behind the door. But I did not hit the door, the door didn't even move.

Tears flooded my eyes. He loves me. Yes, he loves me! And it had cost me my life just so he would realize. LSZ

No comments:

Post a Comment