Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Stupid Fate

It's half past seven and I'm stuck in this traffic. I want to shout. When will this traffic problem ever end? I'm late. I have a date at seven and my car is inching its way out of this jam. I was having a great day. Everything was going well and as icing to the cake, this night would be the end of my single-blessedness (I'm not marrying, moron!) I'm planning to welcome love again into my life.


He's been courting me for God knows how long and I've been a pain in the neck to him but he did not quit. I was way too harsh on him because of my past love. I've condemned every man. But he was determined to prove that he's an exception. And I can see that he is willing to pick the million pieces of my heart. Slowly, he's been putting it back together.


I placed my hand on my left chest. I smiled. Yes, I'm over my past love. I'm so over him. There's no hurt left. Now, I'm ready. Then, I was pulled back to earth when I felt the car at my rear bumped my car. "Grr, another one of those pain-in-the-you-know-where driver."


I stepped out of my car, ready to explode but I stopped when I saw the man coming out of the car that hit mine. I saw the same reaction on his face. He looked surprised. I'm not really sure, maybe more of confused but I think he looks exactly the same as I remember him years ago, exactly the same man I loved.


I was suddenly trembling. My God, why the hell am I trembling? It was only a moment ago when I told myself I was over him. But why do I feel this way? I thought I had forgotten him but why does it feel just like yesterday when I first saw him, when I first cried over him?
"Yes, I still love him. So much."
Maybe it was just my mind that has tricked me. I thought I had forgotten him but when I saw his face, it all flashed back so vividly. Everything came back, every memory. I even felt my heart skipped a beat. I remembered my feelings for him. I remembered everything.


God, I'm crazy. I should not be feeling all these. I'm supposed to be on my way to the one who truly loves me. But why did this have to happen now? Stupid fate. She intervened before. Now, she's at it again.


I should keep my cool. I should at least look unaffected. I should be angry with this moron for crashing my car and most of all for ruining my supposed to be end-of-single-life date.


I was ready to explode. Then he smiled.


I froze, but my heart melted. My foot! Here I go again..


Maybe fate intervened before to give us time to think if we're really for each other. And maybe she intervened again because I was about to commit into a relationship with someone not really meant for me. Yes, I still love him. So much.


I moved so I could run into his arms.


BLAG!


I fell. Literally, out of my bed. My head aches and my eyes hurt. They're still swollen from crying all night. He left me and I could not do anything about it, even if I was willing to be miserable just to have him back. I thought I have him back but it was just a dream, And for now, it will just remain a dream. LSZ

2 comments: