Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Puppy Love

Love works in  ways, especially at times when you least expect it. And when it arrives, you are never ever the same again. This is what happened to me. This is my love story.


Everybody knows me as the happy -go-lucky girl away from home. More than half of the population at school knows me. It's no big deal because I change course every semester. These numbers came from the PC gamers, the guys I play billiards with, the basketball varsity team I hang out with, the people I gamble with, even the guards I pester when I'm not wearing my ID. That's not even counting my friend's friends and the friends of their friends. I mean I cannot go out without being mobbed (kidding! hehe!) Enough with statistics. In short, I was one of the boys.


These morons are really fun to be with. They're total jerks but if you really know the, you'll learn that they'll never push you off the cliff (they'll just kick you). They would often make fun of me, teasing me that if ever I'll find my match, I'll surely quit my not-quite-girly-ways. And I would wring their necks and silently tell myself, "Hah, not me. I would never be fooled by love. Ever!"


I thought fate would be too busy to test me but one day she introduced me to the one who would change me forever.


At first, I was just indifferent. No jumping of the heart, no palpitations, not even butterflies in my stomach. None, whatsoever.
"And my heart? It was like ice cream under the heat of the scorching sun. He was slowly melting it. Silly me, I was falling into his charms."
Slowly, my feelings for him went friendly. And I can't understand why I love the feeling when he goes to me every time he's depressed. I felt good. And my heart? It was like ice cream under the heat of the scorching sun. He was slowly melting it. Silly me, I was falling into his charms.


I gave in all right. I welcomed love right in. He was not the one I dreamed of, not even close but he was perfect for me. Yeah right, I was eating my words but he made me want to be a better person.


With every moment we share, every smile, every touch, I became more certain that in him, I've found something I thought I didn't need. I did not know what the future holds, but during those times, those things were more than enough.


Then one fateful day, I was told to go home. Not because of him but because of the things I did plus all the lies they've invented about me. I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to be away from him. I loved him so much.


I cried. Why did God bring him into my life and let us part ways? What now? How could I watch over him, take care of him? How could I show him my love? But no matter how hard I cried, nothing happened. I still need to go.


The man taking me home was already carrying my bags. He left me with the one I love so I could say my goodbyes.


"You know, I'll miss you. Promise me you'll always be faithful 'coz I'm pretty sure I'll be. I love you so much."


I hugged him so tight. It'll be some time before I could hug him again. He looked at me with so much love in his eyes and said, "Arf! Arf!"


I patted him, "Bye puppy. I really need to go. You see that man over there? He'll break my neck if I'll let him wait a minute longer."


Then I turned and went straight to the man carrying my bags. I slipped my hand into his hand, looked into his eyes and said, "I'm ready."


He bent down and kissed me. Why? Well, it's another story, our story. The future for us is not certain but I'm quite certain this is not a puppy love. LSZ



No comments:

Post a Comment